The Chinese Historical Review (ISSN 1547-402X) is a fully refereed and vigorously edited transnational journal of history and social sciences that is published biannually. The journal publishes original research on the history of China in every period, China’s historical relations with the world, the historical experiences of the overseas Chinese, as well as comparative studies of history and social sciences. Its Forum section features interviews with leading historians and discussion of issues concerning the profession of teaching and writing history. Its Book Reviews section introduces recent historical scholarship published in Chinese generally unavailable to the English-speaking world.
The journal is published by the Chinese Historians in the United States, INC. (CHUS), which was established in 1987 and is now an affiliated society of the American Historical Association (AHA) and the Association of Asian Studies (AAS). The journal began its publication in 1987 under the title The Historians. In 1989 it was registered with the Library of Congress and began its publication as a refereed journal of history under the title The Chinese Historians (ISSN 1043-643X) until 2000. It adopted the current title when it resumed regular publication in 2004.
The past and current sponsors of the publication of the journal include: The Henry Luce Foundation, CHUS Membership Fund, State University of New York-Geneseo, Indiana University of Pennsylvania, Lake Forest College, and various institutional and individual subscribers.
- Hanchao Lu (Editor-in-Chief), Georgia Institute of Technology
- Alan Baumler (Editor), Indiana University of Pennsylvania
- LaDonna Bowen (Editorial Assistant), Georgia Institute of Technology
- Morris L. Bian, Auburn University, USA
- Jian Chen, Cornell University, USA
- Benjamin A. Elman, Princeton University, USA
- Madeline Yue Dong, University of Washington at Seattle, USA
- Joshua Goldstein, University of South Carolina, USA
- Christopher Isett, University of Minnesota, USA
- Steven Levine, University of North Carolina Carolina at Chapel Hill, USA
- Chang Liu, Fudan University, China
- Rana Mitter, Oxford University, UK
- Meing-te Pan, State University of New York at Oswego, USA
- Elizabeth Perry, Harvard University, USA
- Paul G. Pickowicz, University of California at San Diego, USA
- Yurl Pines, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel
- Ruth Rogask, Vanderbilt University, USA
- Qin Shao, The College of New Jersey, USA
- Richard J. Smith, Rice University, USA
- Jonathan D. Spence, Yale University, USA
- Stephen Uhalley, California University at San Francisco, USA
- Joanna Waley-Cohen, New York University, USA
- Gungwu Wang, National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Xi Wang, Indiana University of Pennsylvania, USA
- Victor C. Xiong, Western Michigan University, USA
- Yuezhi Xiong, Shanghai Academy of Social Sciences, China
- Guoqi Xu, University of Hong Kong, China
- Ping Yao, California State University at Los Angeles, USA
- Qiang Zhai, Auburn University at Montgomery, USA
Please send all submissions, subscription orders, and correspondence to:
The Editors, The Chinese Historical Review
225 Keith Hall
Indiana University of Pennsylvania
Indiana, PA 15705
Member Benefits–Free Online Journal Access:
All CHUS members should have access to the journal by signing up on Taylor & Francis online.
Steps to Register for an Online Account (Email from Rachel Crook): 1. If you are a new user to Taylor & Francis Online, please firstly register an account by visiting www.tandfonline.com<http://www.tandfonline.com/>. 2. Once you have submitted your registration form, a confirmation email will be sent to the email address you registered with containing a validation link to activate your account. Unfortunately these emails can be caught in spam filters, please check this and add ‘@tandfonline.com<http://www.tandfonline.com/> to your safe senders list. 3. Once you are registered/if you already have an account, please sign in and then click on the link below (this will activate the access onto your account): http://www.tandfonline.com/token/YTCR2017/YTCR2017 . Please click ‘My Account’ next to your recognized name at the top of the screen. 4. *If you have forgotten your password please click on Forgot Password and a link will be sent to you to reset your password*. 5. Online access to the journal is on the green tab ‘Access Entitlements’ to the left of the screen – please click on the journal title this will then take you to the journal volume/issues. 5.If you encounter any difficulties please contact email@example.com.